SEBI Grade A 2020 – Mock Test – Previous Year Question Paper
Aspirants preparing for the Recruitment in Various Post Can Read the Full Notification Before Apply Online
The Notification says that SEBI Grade A 2020 vacancies would be announced for:
- General Stream
- Legal Stream
- Information Technology Stream
- Engineering Stream (Civil & Electrical)
- Research stream
- Official Language Stram
Read on to know all the important details about SEBI Grade A 2020 Recruitment. All the Important dates, online application form, eligibility, application fees, selection process, exam pattern, etc have been given for your reference.
Last Updated: [current_date format=’d F Y’]
SEBI Recruitment 2020 – Selection Procedure for Grade A Officer
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2020
Mode of selection shall be a three-stage process i.e.
I. SEBI 2020 Phase 1
(on-line screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each),
Paper 1 – 100 Marks
Paper 2 – 100 Marks
II. SEBI 2020 Phase 2
(on-line examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each) and
Paper 1 – 100 Marks
Paper 2 – 100 Marks
III. SEBI 2020 Phase 3 (Interview).
SEBI Important Dates
|Last Date for Apply Online||23/03/2020|
|Last Date Pay Exam Fee||23/03/2020|
|Pre Examination Date||12/04/2020|
|Mains Exam Date||03/05/2020|
- General / OBC : 1000/-
- SC / ST / PH: 100/-
- Pay the Examination Fee Through Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking Fee Mode Only
Vacancy Details Total: 147 Post
Assistant Manager (General)
Assistant Manager (Legal)
Assistant Manager (Information Technology)
SEBI Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) Recruitment 2020 Online Form
SEBI Books Recommended
Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
|Paper||Streams/ Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||All Streams: Multiple choice questions on the subjects viz. General Awareness (including some questions related to Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Test of Reasoning.||100||60 minutes|
|Paper 2||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics||100||40 minutes|
|Legal, Information Technology, Engineering Stream (Civil & Electrical), Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subject related to the stream.|
|Research Stream:- Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce.||100||40 minutes|
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase I.
- There shall be a cut-off of minimum 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off shall be there) and a cut-off of minimum 40% for Paper 2 in Phase I.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in Phase I exam to be shortlisted for Phase II.
- Marks obtained in Phase 1 shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for the Phase-II examination process and will not be counted for the final selection of the candidates.
How to fill the SEBI 2020 Application Form?
Detailed Guidelines/Procedures for
- Application Registration
- Payment of Fees
- Uploading of Photograph
- Uploading of Signature, Left Thumb Impression, and Handwriting declaration
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guidelines for uploading of photograph & signature scan.
- The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged. (If a candidate is not having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb for applying)
- Scan the handwriting declaration ensuring that the document adheres to the required specifications as given under Guidelines for uploading of handwriting The text for the handwritten declaration is as follows:
“I, (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true, and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile number, which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process.
- Use the link given above to redirect you to the application page.
- To register application, choose the tab “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION“. Enter your Name, Contact details, and Email-ID.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password.
- An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case you are unable to complete the application form in one go, you can save the data already entered by choosing the “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Before submission of the online application, use the “SAVE
AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
- You are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the “FINAL SUBMIT” BUTTON.
- Your name and the name of your Father/ Husband etc. should be spelled correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the “VALIDATE YOUR DETAILS” and “SAVE & NEXT”
- You can proceed to upload Photo, Signature, Left Thumb Impression, and handwriting declaration as per the specifications given in the Guidelines detailed under point “C” given below.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before “FINAL SUBMIT”.
- Modify details, if required, and click on “FINAL SUBMIT” only after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on the “PAYMENT” Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on the “SUBMIT” button.
Payment of Fees.
You have to pay the requisite fees/intimation charges only through ON-LINE Mode.
Guidelines for upload of photograph, signature, left thumb impression & handwriting declaration
- The photograph must be a recent passport size color picture (4.5cm × 5cm)
- The picture should be in color, against a light-colored.
- The size of the file should be between 20kb-50kb.
The Signature, Left thumb, and Handwritten Declaration
- Sign on white paper with Black Ink
- Put his left thumb impression on a white paper with black or blue.
- The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on a white paper with black ink.
- Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb for signature and left thumb.
- For handwriting declaration size of the file should be 20kb – 50 kb.
What is SEBI?
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), is a statutory regulatory body established by an Act of Parliament, to protect the interests of investors in securities, to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market.
SEBI Grade A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Will SEBI Grade A happen in 2020?
Yes, it is happening in 2020. SEBI Grade A 2020 Notification is out.
2. How can I become a SEBI grade A officer?
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria, then buck up. Here is the syllabus. Start preparation and keep taking Mock Tests. We will come up with a detailed preparation strategy for SEBI Grade A exam Preparation.
3. What is the Salary of SEBI Grade A Officer?
Presently, the gross emolument including SEBI’s Contribution towards National Pension Scheme (NPS), Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, Local Allowance, etc. at Mumbai at the minimum of this scale is approx. Rs. 1,07,000/- p.m. without accommodation and Rs. 73,000/- p.m. with accommodation.
4. Who can apply for SEBI Grade A Exam?
If you have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Master’s degree in any stream, you are eligible to apply for the Generalist post.
5. Is the Exam Pattern of 2020 SEBI Exam different from the 2018 SEBI Grade
Yes, there are quite a few changes in the Exam Pattern of SEBI Grade A 2020 Exam. Go through the complete exam pattern..
SEBI Previous Year Question Paper / Mock Test
Q.1) Prospectus allotment of securities rules 2014 relates to-
Answer- Private Placement
Q.2) SEBI act 1992 sec4(1) how many members excluding chairman?
Answer- 8 members
Q.3) Foreign currency exchangeable bond – Which one is FALSE?
Answer- Exchangeable into equity shares (FALSE)
Q.4) Authority to investigate intermediary under which section of SEBI act 1992-
Q.5) Which of the following are incorrect with regard to Preference Shares-
The investor is creditor (false)
Q.6) Anchor investor minimum application of the value of-
Answer- 10 crores
Q.7) Recognised stock exchange refuses to list security, appeal to be made to-
Q.8) Which of the following is not a common issuer of securities-
Answer- SEBI (banks, mutual funds, CG)
Q.9) What is an FCCB (Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds)-
Answer- Hybrid Instruments
Q.10) Identify the false statement of the SAT:
Answer- SAT cannot review its own decision (FALSE)
Q.11) Which act is not covered under Securities laws-
Answer- Indian Contract Act of 1872
Q.12) Keeping Securities in D-mat Form is covered under-
Answer- SEBI Act of 1992
Q.13) Segregation of ownership and Management is-
Q.14) w.r.t Bonds, identify the incorrect statement-
Answer- Bonds price falls, yield goes down. (FALSE)
Q.15) Finance Commission-
Answer- A 280
Q.16) Frequently traded shares have a turnover of-
Answer- 12Months; 10%
Q.17) ADR’s Listed in-
Q.18) Commercial paper-
Answer- Debt Instrument (Money market)
Q.19) Mode of borrowing by CG-
Answer- Provides facility for conversion of securities in electronic mode.
Q.21) Commercial Paper- Duration-
Answer- 1 year
Q.22) Listing Agreement between-
Answer- listed entity and Stock exchange
Q.23) Parliament Act for securities trading and running of Stock Exchange-
Answer- SEBI Act of 1992
Q.24) Minimum Maturity of FCCB-
Answer- 3 years
Q.25) Meaning of Contract under SCRA Act-
Answer- Purchase and sale of securities
Q.26) Sweat equity Shares-
Answer- Equity shares to directors and employees at a discount for intellectual property rights.
Q.27) Retail Individual Investor has a maximum limit of-
Answer- 2 lakhs
Q.28) Unpublished Price Sensitive Information-
Answer- Recruitment of Officers (FALSE)
Q.29) Government Securities managed by-
Q.30) SEBI ICDR regulations will come into force when-
Answer- 16th day from 9th Nov (publication in official gazette)
Q.31) Service Sector contribution to GDP-
Answer- 53% (More than 50%)
Q.32) 15th Finance Commission Chairman-
Answer- N.K Singh
Q.33) Securities derive meaning from Sec 2 of –
Answer- SCRA 1956
Q.34) The total return anticipated on a bond if the bond is held until it matures is called as
Answer- Yield to Maturity
Q.35) Not a revenue Receipt-
Answer- Money received through the Small saving scheme in a post office (LOAN)
Q.36) Which of the following is not a money market security
Answer- shares of government in public sector enterprises
Q.37) Call risk?
Answer- Risk faced by a holder that issuer would call the bond before maturity.
Q.38) Foreign Currency Exchangeable bond notified by-
Q.39) Commercial Deposits Issued by-
Answer- Commercial banks
Q.40) Committee on Insider Trading-
Answer- Sodhi Committee
SEBI PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
SEBI PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER OF GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
SEBI Assistant Manager Recruitment 2020 Steps
SEBI Grade A 2020 Notification Out | Complete Information About SEBI Grade A Officer
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Civil Services Study Material
- Current Affairs
- Exam Preparation
- Free Mock Test
- Important News
- Job News
- Latest Govt Jobs In India
- Previous Year Question Paper
- Private Jobs
- Result News
- Sarkari Result ,सरकारी रिजल्ट
- Study Material
- Technical News
- UPPSC 2019-2020
- UPPSC Previous Year Question Paper
|Original content here is published under these license terms:||X|