27 March 2020:
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as WHO’s global mega trial, COVID-19 vaccine and RBI’s measures to combat COVID-19 impact on the economy among others.
1. Which nation’s Prime Minister has been tested positive for COVID-19?
2. The Health Ministry has restricted which drug sale, export, and distribution?
3. The G20 leaders have pledged to inject how much amount into the global economy to reduce COVID-19 impact?
a)USD 5 trillion
b)USD 20 billion
c)USD 10 trillion
d)USD 1 trillion
4.WHO has begun a global mega trial of four drugs to find a COVID-19 vaccine. What is the name of the trial?
5. The RBI has allowed a moratorium for how long on EMI payments of outstanding loans?
6. The RBI has reduced the repo rate to how much?
7. According to the Finance Minister’s announcement on March 26, 2020, the women Jan Dhan account holders will get how much amount every month?
8. The MNREGA wage has been increased to how much per day?
1.(b) the UK
The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Boris Johnson tested positive for COVID-19 on March 27, 2020. The announcement was made by the Prime Minister himself through a video on his Twitter account.
The Health Ministry has restricted the sale and distribution of “Hydroxychloroquine” declaring it as an essential drug to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
3.(a) USD 5 trillion
The G20 leaders have pledged to inject USD 5 trillion into the global economy to reduce COVID-19 impact. This was decided during the ‘Extraordinary Virtual G20 Leaders’ Summit’ held on March 26, 2020.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has initiated a global mega trial of the four most promising drugs that may help cure Coronavirus. The mega trial is called Solidarity, under which the testing and development of the antidote will be done.
5.(c) 3 months
The Reserve Bank of India has allowed a 3-month moratorium on EMI payments on all outstanding loans.
6.(a) 4.4 percent
The Reserve Bank of India has reduced the repo rate by 75 basis points from 5.15 percent to 4.4 percent.
7.(b) Rs 500
According to the Finance Minister’s announcement on March 26, 2020, the women Jan Dhan account holders will get Rs 500 every month.
8. (c) Rs 202
The Finance Ministry has increased the MNREGA wage to Rs 202 from Rs 182.