20 March 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Pratiyogita Kosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as the first dedicated COVID-19 hospital, Kuril Islands dispute and first virtual G20 summit among others.
1. Which company has set up India’s first 100-bed COVID-19 dedicated hospital?
2. Which two nations are involved in the Kuril Islands dispute?
a)Russia and Japan
b)Japan and North Korea
c)China and Ukraine
d)Indonesia and the Philippines
3. Which state’s glaciers are melting faster in comparison to other Himalayan regions?
4. Who among the British Royal family tested positive for Coronavirus on March 25, 2020?
5. When will the first virtual G20 summit be held?
6. Which state government has decided to promote students up to class 9 without exams amid the 2-day lockdown announcement?
7. Who has been appointed to lead the 21-member high-level technical committee of health experts set up to tackle coronavirus in India?
a)Dr. Anil Kumar
b)Dr. Manish Dubey
c)Dr. VK Paul
d)Dr. KK Vashishtha
8. Which state’s folklore ‘Yakshgana’ has been digitized with more than 900 scripts and made public?
9. Which international organisation recently asked the Government of India to take immediate step to rejuvenate economy?
10. Which of the following Indian institutes has developed ‘Probe-Free Detection Assay’, a Covid-19 test kit?
1.(b) Reliance Industries
Reliance Industries will set up India’s first COVID-19 dedicated hospital in Mumbai. The 100-bed hospital will be equipped with all modern facilities.
2.(a) Russia and Japan
The Kuril islands dispute is between Russia or Japan. It is also called as the Norther Territories dispute. It is a disagreement between Russia and Japan over the sovereignty of the four southernmost islands of the Kuril chain.
Sikkim’s glaciers are melting faster than other parts of the Himalayas, as per a study of Geology of the Himalaya. The study was published in the international scientific journal, Science of the Total Environment.
4.(d) Prince Charles
Prince Charles, the next in line for the throne tested positive for novel coronavirus on March 25, 2020. The 71-year-old had been displaying mild symptoms. His wife, Duchess of Cornwall, has tested negative for the coronavirus.
The first G-20 virtual summit will be held on March 26, 2020. It will be held under the chairmanship of Saudi Arabia’s King Salman. The summit will bring together the world’s 20 major economies to discuss measures to respond to COVID 19 pandemic.
The Tamil Nadu state government has announced that students up to Class 9 will be promoted to the next class without exams. The decision was taken amid the current 21-day lockdown situation.
7. (c) Dr. VK Paul
The Central Government has constituted a 21 member-high level committee under the chairmanship of Dr. VK Paul to prevent Coronavirus in the country. The Union Health Secretary and the Director-General of the Indian Council of Medical Research have been appointed as co-chairs of the committee.
8. (d) Karnataka
Karnatak’s folklore ‘Yakshgana’ has been digitized with more than 900 scripts and made public. These scripts have been digitized and preserved in PDF format in Google Drive. These scripts are available on www.prasangaprathi sangraha.com and have also been made available through the ‘Context FIRST Collection’ app. Yakshagana is a famous folk theatre performance in the coastal region of Karnataka.
9. (C) IMF
The International Monetary Fund has raised concerns about the economic situation in India. The IMF has said that India needs to take some important decisions at this time. Despite this, the current crisis in India cannot be called an economic crisis.
10. (a) IIT Delhi
Scientists at IIT Delhi have developed an affordable, easy and accurate technique for testing coronavirus (COVID-19), ‘Probe-Free Detection Assay’.