Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has issued a revised testing strategy for the COVID-19 virus in coordination with the Department of Health Research and the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. This notification was released on March 16, 2020.
Ministry of Health of the state notice that today there is no transmission of community COVID-19 virus and the virus is mainly reported among individuals who have a history of travel to countries affected by or have come into close contact with positive people tested for the virus. Therefore, the claim notification that all individuals do not need to be tested for the coronavirus.
ICMR’s revised COVID-19 testing strategy
Who will be tested for coronavirus?
1. Those who have traveled to a high risk of coronavirus country in the last 14 days.
2. Those who have come into close physical contact directly with confirmed cases of coronavirus.
How are the COVID-19 laboratory tests conducted?
The throat swab or nasal swab taken from people suspected in one of the tubes in the cold chain.
COVID-19 testing facilities list:
To get the full list, go to www.icmr.nic.in/content/covid-19
the central command of the closure of schools, gyms, museums, theaters until March 31stUnion Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan has led the high-level meeting of Group of Ministers to discuss the COVID-19 on March 16, 2020. The ministers held a detailed discussion on the prevention and management of COVID 19th deadly virus and propose the implementation of measures within a particular society as a preventive measure to stop the spread of virus in the country.
The following social distancing measures have been brought to force till March 31st:
1. The closure of all educational institutions including schools and colleges, fitness centers, spas, museums, theaters, and social centers and other cultures to 31 March.
2. Avoid non-essential travel to enable the social distances on public transport and ensure the proper disinfection of surfaces.
3. private sector organizations to allow employees to work from home if possible.
4. The meeting will be conducted via video conference as far as possible, rescheduling meetings involving a large number of people unless necessary.
5. Restaurant to ensure proper hygiene, wash hands following protocols, ensuring at least 1m distance between the table and pushed open seating.
6. major sporting events and competitions have been suggested to be postponed.
7. Regulation mass gatherings and avoid overcrowding by ensuring at least one-meter distance between people.
Coronavirus: Daily Life Hampered Across India | ABP News
Delhi Government orders closure of gyms, spas till March 31st
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on March 16, 2020, directed the closure of all gyms, nightclubs, and spas in the capital of the country until March 31, 2020. The Chief Minister also announced a ban on all social, cultural, political, academic, religious, sports or family gatherings with more than 50 people did not include marriage until March 31.
The state government has urged people to postpone the wedding, scheduled during this time, if possible. In addition, the government has suspended the operating theater and the weekly bazaar until March 31. While the shopping centers will remain open, they will have to be disinfected every day and an ample amount of hand sanitizer should be made available at the entrance to the mall and shops. The government has urged the mall and shop owners to allow the entry of people only after they have cleaned their hands.
Delhi Government’s Order
With the virus declared as disaster notified, the State Disaster Response Fund will be temporarily used for the provision of food, medical care and water to patients in quarantine camps.
WHO declares Coronavirus “Pandemic” The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Covid-19 virus outbreak as pandemic on March 11, 2020.
WHO says that so far more than 4300 people have died worldwide since the virus is because it has been declared a pandemic. European countries, Italy has declared a complete lock-down to prevent the spread of coronavirus. At the same time, the Gulf states have also banned the movement of foreigners.
In India, all the tourist visa has been suspended until April 15. The Union Health Ministry has advised people to avoid all non-essential travel ships and refrain from traveling to eight countries including Spain, France, Germany, China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, and Iran. New coronavirus has spread to over 114 countries worldwide. Ministry adviser also urged all international passengers to come to India for self-monitor their health and undergo self-imposed isolation for 14 days from the date of their arrival.
Coronavirus India helpline number: +91-11-23978046Coronavirus India helpline email: email@example.com
Union Health Minister, Dr. Harsh Vardhan continues to review and monitor the status and actions taken by various countries to prepare a virus. The Ministry of Health has also asked people to abide by friendly for the do’s and dont’s are determined by the Ministry in terms of viruses and avoid large gatherings. He also has commanded universal screening for all international passengers at 30 airports across the country.
Qatar has imposed a temporary ban on people coming from 14 countries including India as a precautionary measure to stop the spread of the new coronavirus. The list also includes countries like China, Iran, Iraq, Bangladesh, South Korea, Pakistan, Nepal, Lebanon, the Philippines, Thailand, Syria, Sri Lanka, and Egypt. This nation also has suspended all flights to and from Italy. Qatar Airways currently working with the Indian health authorities after it was revealed that several Indians who tested positive for the virus came on the flight on February 29.
All primary schools were closed in Delhi until March 31stTo prevent the possible closure of the spread of the deadly virus, the Delhi government has ordered all primary schools in the capital, both public and private, to March 31, 2020.
India, which is free of the deadly virus after three people recovered in Kerala, reported three cases fresh, in Delhi, Jaipur, and Hyderabad on March 2. On March 4, 23 more people tested positive for the virus in the country, 15 of them including tourists Italy. Patients who tested positive of coronavirus in Delhi is reported to have a history of travel from Italy.
The second confirmed case in Hyderabad coronavirus has a travel history from Dubai. Jaipur is the third case in the Italian tourist who show symptoms of the deadly virus. He has tested negative for the first test but when his condition deteriorated, the second sample is collected and which comes out to be positive.
The Government of India has decided to screen all passengers entering the nation from foreign countries. Those who show even the slightest symptoms will be isolated for at least 14 days, as in some cases the virus takes a few days to show symptoms.
Coronavirus update in India: All Cases
• Four new confirmed cases have been reported, including the first confirmed case of Jammu, one of Uttar Pradesh, one from Delhi and one from Ernakulum, Kerala.
• Earlier, five cases of COVID-19 virus were reported in Kerala on March 8. According to reports, a family of three with a history of travel to Italy tested positive for coronavirus. Two relatives of those who come in contact with them also tested positive for the virus. families have reportedly visited some if relatives and attended several functions. Everyone who comes into contact with them are being tracked at this time.
• One confirmed case of coronavirus reported in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. people who had traveled to Iran. Other cases were reported in Gurugram, Haryana when an employee tested positive for coronavirus Paytm after he returned from his vacation in Italy. Paytm, as a precautionary measure, has closed two offices in Gurugram and Noida.
• The case was confirmed in Telangana first landed in Bangalore from Dubai and then traveled to Hyderabad, where he developed symptoms. According to the Karnataka Health Minister, B Sriramulu, the medical team to monitor everyone who came in contact with him in Bengaluru. Telangana government to do the same for the people who came in contact with him in Hyderabad.
• Delhi residents who are infected are not played at Delhi Airport, as he had flown from Vienna in Austria. He is reported to have traveled by road to Vienna from Italy and take a flight to Delhi from there. Patients are currently being isolated at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital. He is reported to have infected six of his relatives in Agra.
• Italian tourist was reported to have tested positive for the deadly virus infected his wife and 15 others, including 14 Italians coming as a group with him for a tour of India and the Indian driver.
• Around 100 people, who come into contact with infected patients, have been asked to stay in isolation for a period of 14 days.
• Union Health Minister has asked the public to exercise calm and follow basic precautions to keep yourself healthy. He also asked the public to avoid large gatherings for some time.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi had tweeted earlier said that he had decided not to participate in any program Holi this year. He also cited expert advice to reduce the mass meeting to avoid the spread of the new coronavirus.
Air India Crew asked to stay in isolation
Delhi residents who tested positive from COVID-19 virus on March 2, has flown on the flight Vienna-Delhi Air India on February 25. As a result, the entire crew had been asked to stay in isolation for 14 days and report to the health authorities in case they develop symptoms of the virus. However, it is unclear whether a similar advisory has been issued for the other passengers to fly or not. The airlines carried more than 200 passengers.
India restricts export of 26 medicinesIndia has restricted the export of 26 pharmaceutical ingredients and medicines including paracetamol
As a coronavirus threat looms larger in the entire nation. India is the world’s main suppliers of generic drugs. Registered 26 active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and pharmaceuticals account for nearly 10 percent of all medical exports India.
Besides common pain reliever paracetamol, the list includes erythromycin, Vitamin B12 and tinidazole.
While the Indian government has assured that there is enough stock on the nation to produce formulations for the next 2-3 months, it is not clear how the restrictions on the export of these drugs will affect their availability in countries that import them. United States accounts for almost 24 percent of India’s import of pharmaceuticals and 31 percent of India’s import of pharmaceutical substances in 2018, as per US Food and Drug Administration.
Coronavirus India Symptoms: Know all symptoms
The most common symptoms of novel coronavirus or COVID-19 include:
• Dry cough, Sore throat
• Tiredness, aches and pain
• Cold, runny nose, nasal congestion
• Respiratory issuesCoronavirus Prevention:
How to protect yourself from COVID-19?
Following are some basic protective measures that WHO has issued for the public to protect themselves and others from novel
1. Wash hands frequently: Clean your hands regularly with soap and water or a good hand sanitizer. regular and thorough cleaning of hands will kill viruses that may be on them.
2. Do not touch eyes, mouth or nose: Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, especially when you are out as hand contact with many surfaces and can take a virus. After the hands are contaminated, they can transfer the virus to the eyes, nose or mouth, from where it can enter your body and infect you.
3. Maintain 3 feet distance from others: Make sure that you maintain at least 3 feet or 1-meter distance from people who are coughing or sneezing, as the moist particles from the nose or their mouth at times it may contain a virus if the person is infected and can infect you too.
4. Cover your mouth and nose/ wear a mask: Make sure that you cover your nose or mouth with either tissue, handkerchief or elbow bent when you sneeze or cough. immediately throw the tissue in the trash after use. This way you will protect yourself and those around you. You can also wear a mask to avoid inhaling any virus-infected droplets.
5. Seek medical care for fever, cough: If you experience difficulty breathing or a cough or fever, seek medical help immediately. Avoid traveling, especially on public transport if you feel unwell. You can contact the national or local health authority you to be directed to the appropriate medical facility. This will help protect you and prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.
Coronavirus Protection: Important Facts
1. unknown coronavirus survive longer on surfaces or objects.
2. Spraying of alcohol on your body is not going to kill the virus that has entered your body.
3. Currently, there is no evidence of the deadly virus spread to pets such as cats or dogs.
4. The vaccine is used to treat pneumonia does not provide protection against COVID-19.
5. There is no evidence that regular rinsing the nose with salt water will protect people from becoming infected.
6. People of all ages can be infected by the deadly virus COVID 19th. However, the elderly or people with pre-existing medical illnesses such as diabetes, asthma or heart diseases known to be more prone to catching the virus.
Two of the most recent case of COVID-19 take India’s total tally to five confirmed cases of coronavirus. Earlier, three patients were tested positive of the new coronavirus in Kerala. The first detected in Thrissur, Alappuzha second and third in Kasargod. All three people have been reported to travel together from Wuhan and two medical students from the city. They are kept in isolation wards in different hospitals and specialized medical treatment. They returned home last month after they recover and they come out negative samples.
|Original content here is published under these license terms:||X|